An 83 year-old man was killed by a swarm of wasps after he accidentally disturbed their nest on holiday.
Grandfather Clive Southall mistakenly disturbed the nest whilst clearing woodland near to his holiday home in Welshpool, Mid Wales.
The inquest heard that the wasps swarmed and began to sting him repeatedly. His family watched in horror as he rushed back to the holiday home in a bid to get rid of the wasps, placing his head under a cold shower.
Mr Southall, of Brierley Hill, West Midlands, later died at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital despite receiving emergency treatment. A post mortem examination revealed that Mr Southall’s death was caused by an anaphylactic shock following hundreds of wasp stings.
Tel Andy 07787758033
We charge a fixed price of £35.00 for this service. Tel Andy 07787758033